Well, this was going to be my notice of a several-day hiatus while Jon and I went camping with the Cub Scouts. Unfortunately, Jon caught something, and is now running a pretty good fever. The doctor says it’s viral, and that there’s nothing really to do except wait it out. The Scouts are being cool; if he gets better, we can check in late and enjoy what’s left of the trip.
UPDATE (June 20): Well, we’re in Champaign, Illinois, visiting grandparents. Jon eventually was diagnosed with strep, and after starting antibiotics, is doing fine.